A 60-year old has just had a cataract operation.3 days later she presents to her GP with a painful red eye. Vision which was initially much improved, has become blurred and she is seeing a lot of floaters.
ANSWERS FOUND IN COMMENTS BELOW
A. What is the described complication the patient is having ?
B. State whether true or false.
1. GP should reassure her that the eye is settling done.
2. Patient should be referred to an eye-unit immediately.
3. Treatment requires steroid drops only.
4. Treatment requires intravitreal antibiotics.
5. This is a rare complication of cataract surgery.
C. How would you manage this patient ?
D. Which other feature not mentioned above is also associated with this complication ?
E. Name other complications of cataract surgery.