ANSWERS UP TOMORROW AT 18:00 CET on 11/10/17
A 71-year old gentleman developed shortness of breath over the last 24 hours.
Upon physical examination, you notice the following:
- A pulse of 150 beats/min
- A Blood pressure of 90/60
- Raised Jugular Venous Pressure
- Displaced and Diffuse Apex.
Upon ascultation, you are able to auscultate a third heart sound that occurs early in diastole and is likened to a gallop sound.
A Chest-X ray was ordered, and the following result was obtained.
1. Which diagnosis are you suspecting this patient has ?
2. List the causes of this diagnosis.
3. How would you investigate even further ? Describe the typical findings.
4. How would you manage this patient ?
1. Congestive Heart Failure with concurrent pulmonary oedema due to dilated cardiomyopathy as seen on the X-ray film.
2. Causes of Congestive Heart Failure
3. Investigations for Congestive Heart Failure
4. Management of Congestive Heart Failure